Could you give our readers a quick intro to the background of ZeroHybrid Network?
Most of the computations on the current internet are untrusted; they lack policies or schema to ensure the computation processes are correctly executed because everything is centralized in the web 2.0 age. With the help of blockchain technology and the widely spread TEE-based chipsets, we can construct the world on trusted computation based on the ZeroHybrid Network.
Zero-Hybrid Network is a decentralized trusted computation network based on blockchain, which will be the underlying fundamental infrastructure of the future digital world. ZeroHybrid Network constructs a trusted computing environment on computing-capable entities such as PCs, servers, and mobile devices. It uses substrate to realize a multi-terminal and multi-architecture blockchain network, which combines computing-capable devices in all corners of the world to form a globally trusted computer network.
Could You Tell Us the Highlights of ZeroHybrids Network?
- First ARM-Based Trusted Computing Network
For the past few years, ARM processors have played a significant role in the digital world. Tech giants such as Microsoft (Surface Pros), Apple, and many servers are employing ARM as the heart of their computing. Considering the massive advantages, all suggest ARM processors will be the future of computing.
- First Mobile Enabled Trusted Computing Network
ZeroHybrid Network aims to power up the trusted computation network based on mobile phones with the help of blockchain technology. Compared with mining machines and PCs, mobile devices can provide computing power and allow more users to participate in the network. This factor makes full use of the huge mobile computing resources to achieve decentralization truly
- Hybrid Architecture
ZeroHybrid uses a hybrid architecture to enable mobile services and other devices using ARM processors to contribute computing power simultaneously. With ZeroHybrid, each trusted computing task and provider’s activity will be recorded on the blockchain, and computing power rewarded with tokens mined during computation.
What does ZeroHybrid aim to do and solve in this sector?
ZeroHybrid Network’s trusted computing solution may solve data isolation and data circulation issues in this digital economy. ZeroHybrid Network targets providing solutions for the following problems:
- Trusted computing resources: The smart contract executed in the TEE consumes private computing power resources and takes up an operation time for the mining machine. Unlike traditional blockchains, ZeroHybrid’s smart contracts execution does not rely on consensus algorithms. Therefore, each contract only runs in one TEE, enabling parallel smart contract execution on the network.
- On-chain computing: Every transaction is packaged by the block TEE and synchronized to the entire network. A large amount of data will occupy ZeroHybrid’s on-chain data space. Also, this process needs to consume on-chain computing resources. The larger the amount of data generated by the operation, the more the consumption of on-chain computing resources. We refer to the design of POA and other project networks, which creates a way to reduce the transaction rate and cost to a very low level.
- Storage resources: The ZeroHybrid Network design is for joint computing in the state of large-scale, long-tail data encryption. It will encourage miners as much as possible to upload and call other parties’ data for encryption and TEE decryption calculations under the ZeroHybrid protocol.
Could you tell us some of the components that exist in ZeroHybrid?
The Zero-Hybrid Network has several components, including UserNode, ChainNode, ProcessEngine, OrderBook, and others.UserNode is equivalent to a light miner, which can only initiate a transaction, submit the computing jobs, and inquire about the transaction status. ChainNode handles the transaction requests and verifies a trusted execution environment through a random challenge. Furthermore, it handles package transactions. ProcessEngine handles task orders and triggers job execution by contributing the corresponding VCU to obtain responsive workload rewards. Lastly, the OrderBook is used for storing order and workload proofs.
What is the consensus mechanism/mining protocol ZeroHybrid operates on, and the rationale for choosing that protocol?
ZeroHybrid adopts the PoA consensus mechanism, which will elect a leader on the network. Election rules are based on the VCU ability a miner offers; it utilizes the verifiability of proof and is based on valid ALT numbers to confirm the leader. The leader miner will produce the current block. Proof-of-Activity (PoA) combines the PoW and PoS protocols, meaning participants can mine or lay down a share to validate the blocks. Therefore, the PoA protocol provides a balance between miners and ordinary members of the network.